Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

French Escape: Le Pavillon de Galon



Once an 18th Century Hunting Pavillion, French Photographer Guy Hervais and his wife, Bibi Gex, restored this into a beautiful luxurious guest house and bed & breakfast that is open to all guests. The home is surrounded by cherry and olive orchards and panoramic views of the landscapes of Provence. The garden recently won the recognition from the French Ministry of Culture. Discovered via an amazing online blog and shooping resource, Remodelista: Sourcebook for the Considered Home, I'm in love with this place.



The fantastic arrangement of local plants and fairly unstructured garden planning results in places to meditation on the beauty that life has to behold. The peace that can be found when we slow down and be still.



The interior reflects the organic heaven of the exterior. The luxury guest house has a beautiful kitchen. I can smell the scent of fresh lemon, olive oil heating in a pan, and the fresh scent of an uncorked bottle of wine.





The simplicity of the bedrooms and the boldness of color are remarkably restorative and fresh.






One day I plan on restoring a home in France or Italy, my hope is that it will be as enchanted as this B&B. As for now, I'm happy to have new ideas bloom in my mind via a quick escape to Le Pavillon de Galon.



1 comment:

paula said...

Your room is beautiful. I know I have visited here a couple of times but I truly must add you to my regular visits. Your photos and posts are just lovely. So inspiring.

Philippines properties